about me

My photo
Hi Everyone! My name is Marta and I come from Poland. I'm 23.I study phisiotheraphy in Poznan. One day I would like to work in a hospital with people after stroke and with spinal cord injury.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Kolding Sygehus.



Last week of our practice we spend in Kolding. We were in physiotherapy and ergotherapy department in hospital.
We saw many patients with new knee and after hips replacement. We also joined to cardiology group ( people with bypass, hart attack etc.) I had a chance to work with patients after stroke (Stroke is my subject for ma final exam in Poland) and to see methods, which they use with this kind of patients. I was shocked when I was talking with one of apoplexy physiotherapist that they don't use special course to treat them, of course you can have some of them, but it's not necessary.
In Poland I spend almost whole my practice time in hospital, so for me this week was very interesting. I saw many different ways, how to treat patients. We have a chance to see how they're working here, how many patient they have a day, how much time they can spent with them.
They also invite us on Tuesday to see the knee operation on a big screen.
I really had a great time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment