about me

My photo
Hi Everyone! My name is Marta and I come from Poland. I'm 23.I study phisiotheraphy in Poznan. One day I would like to work in a hospital with people after stroke and with spinal cord injury.

Monday, April 26, 2010

AAbenraa!!

Fjordskolen- is a school for disable pupils. The school is divided for parts, every part has a pupils with different 'level' of disability.
Most of our time there we spend in Part B, which means than there are pupils, who can't move, can't speak. We saw a equipment for them, is very modern and every pupil has his own equipment. Most of them in Part B, has a birth damages or cerebral paralysis, so they really need a rehabilitation. One day we had a chance to see one lesson with pupils with Down Syndrome. There are 4 pupils and 2 specialized teachers and 1 therapist. They teach them by music and movement. They use special method, which call "Move".
We also had a chance to talk with physiotherapist ( one of them is from Poland ). We got a lot of information about physiotherapist's work.
I've never been in this kind of place, so for me it was a first time to work with children, and see their reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment